Quinoa and Black Beans
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 3/4 Cup uncooked quinoa (Any color)
- 1 1/2 Cups veggie broth
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- 1 Cup frozen corn kernels
- 2 Cans black beans, rinsed and drained (15 ounce)
- 1/2 Cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the onion and garlic, and saute until lightly browned.
- Mix quinoa into the saucepan and cover with vegetable broth. Season with cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes,
- Stir frozen corn into the saucepan, and continue to simmer about 5 minutes until heated through. Mix in the black beans and cilantro.